[Vorbis-dev] lack of detail for exception in ov_open

Steve Russell srussell at innernet.net
Sat Jun 18 20:32:01 PDT 2005

After laboring for a week and getting help from Microsoft MVPs, I have
discovered that the key to implementing vorbisfile in my MFC/C++ program is
to specify the following dll's in my debug directory :

ogg_d.dll
vorbis_d.dll
vorbisfile.dll  -- REMOVED SUFFIX . . . How could I have possibly known?  I
kept trying the release vorbisfile.dll, because that's the name the app kept
asking for, and I got nothing but a very frustrating exception.

Did I miss something in the documentation?