[Vorbis-dev] Comments in vorbisfile_example

Christopher Egner disciplezero-nl at syrrax.com
Thu Jun 16 08:55:02 PDT 2005

I have a couple of questions with respect to "vorbisfile_example.c" in the
ov sdk.

1)       Near the end, there is a comment that says "we don't bother dealing
with sample rate changes, etc, but you'll have to." I assume the author is
regarding to different sample rates as a whole, not dynamic sample rates. Am
I correct in that assumption?

2)       That etc bothers me. Are there other things I should keep an eye
out for? I can't seem to think of any.

3)       At the top, he says that using vorbisfile is easier than using
libvorbis. Is there any advantage to using libvorbis? I honestly can't see
one, unless one needs access to raw functions for some reason.

With respect to the "encoder_example" why do you use a random number for the
stream rather than just starting at some arbitrary number (zero or
otherwise) and increment. The only viable reason I can assume is to prevent
logical streams becoming mixed because of bad transfer. Is there some other
reason?

Thanks,

Christopher