[Vorbis-dev] Unpacking Floor or residue.

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Mon Aug 22 15:47:01 PDT 2005

Hi,

Is there any good reference that explains why the floor and residue
values are encoded the way they currently are? For example,
in case of floor 0, why is it necessary to have multiple partitions and
why are there multiple partition classes?
I would like to know if the designers of this decoder used some standard
encoding scheme (which I guess they must have thought to be very
efficient at the time) for encoding floor and residues and if so where
can I get more information on it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Shashank