[Vorbis-dev] debugging question.

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:14:13 PDT 2005

Thanks,,worked for me,.
> You've built with optimisation turned on. As usual, this makes
> debugging harder. In this case, your compiler has eliminated the local
Thanks for the info.. Here is something to add for future reference:

The shortest way to enable debugging is:

$>make clean
$>./autogen.sh --enable-DEBUG
$>make

the appropriate flags to enable debug have already been defined in
configure.in (cat this file to see it)

> variable 'ci', so you need to access it through the 'vi' pointer - and
> then it's just a matter of syntax.
>
> To print out the entire codec_setup_info struct:
>     print  *(codec_setup_info *)vi->codec_setup
>
> To print out the first blocksize:
>     print ((codec_setup_info *)vi->codec_setup).blocksizes[0]

This worked.. After removing the optimizations as u suggested before, I
was able to print ci->blocksizes directly.

> Note that you shouldn't be doing development with such an old version
> of libvorbis  - please upgrade to 1.1.1 (unless you're using gcc4, in
> which case use the current version from svn, which disables a gcc4
> optimisation which breaks libvorbis).
I will do this too.