[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis bistream definition / separation from ogg

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 28 02:21:37 PDT 2005

Hi,
I have some questions:

1) in the sources of the encoder_example (and of course in oggenc.c,
too) I see a lot of dependance
on ogg. I want to get totally rid of ogg and use the vorbis bitstream
alone.
 From this reason stems the second question:

2) is there a definition of the vorbis bitstream somewhere? I don't need
to know every single
detail, just the informations necessary to isolate frame boundaries,
frame size, and frame duration in ms.

3) does vorbis always use a variable number of samples per frame? If so,
is there a way to know
from every frame how many samples are used? Is there any disadvantage at
using a constant
number of samples per frame (as in mpeg audio, aac, musepack and so on) ?

Thanks,

    Nico