[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis and .NET

Klaus Prückl klaus.prueckl at aon.at
Wed Sep 29 12:22:31 PDT 2004

> I've been watching this list for a couple months now
> wondering if anyone has
> used the vorbis libraries from a .NET application. I am now
> starting to
> believe that either no one desires to use vorbis in a .NET
> application on
> Windows, or there is another project out there already doing
> this and I am
> simply on the wrong list. What is the scoop on building
> Vorbis applications
> under Microsoft .NET. Any pointers would be appreciated.

There is an C# port of a Java port existing which is called csvorbis. It is
available from the mono project CVS. But the main problem I'm thinking of
such a project is maintainance after updates of the original source are
available.

So I've started an interop library for myself a year ago, which I've made
available at
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/oggvorbisinterop some time ago.
I also plan to put the ports of the vorbis-tools on GotDotNet workspaces
later and to update the interop lib for the new vorbis version 1.1.0. But at
the moment I'm having troubles with the workspaces source control provider.

BTW, the current status of the project is, that vorbiscomment is working.
Encoding and decoding has some bugs, which I was not able to fix yet. So,
I'm searching for enthusiastic project members, which have good interop
knowledge and ideas how to debug the generated interop source (which is only
available in intermediate language).

Klaus