[Vorbis-dev] win32 sdk

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Sep 23 12:56:20 PDT 2004

Zen,

Now that we have new releases out, could we interest you in doing a new
version of the win32 sdk? It's different from your directshow plugins,
but is used by quite a few windows developers, especially in the game
market, so I think it's worthwhile to maintain separately.

The idea is just to have a set of project files, examle code and
pre-built dlls so people can immediately start using the library.

And updated OggDropXP would be a nice side project from there.

We've also had complaints about runtime linking issues and so on with
the existing build, so it would be great to have someone who can
actually verify this stuff to own the releases. Feel free to add support
for other xiph codecs, libfishsound, or whatever, but I'd say a tidy
updated vorbis release is the first priority.

Would you be up for that? As you said, our support of win32 isn't great,
and this is another way you can help. :)

Cheers,
 -r