[Vorbis-dev] Info-Tags in ogg, flac, mp3, wav

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 07:14:19 PDT 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 2:06, Nathan I. Sharfi wrote:

> FLAC uses vorbis-style comments whether it's wrapped in Ogg or not; have a
> gander at
> http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#metadata_block_vorbis_comment .

Non-Ogg FLAC can use ID3v2, ID3v1 and Xiph style comments to be precise.

> Additionally, one can append APE tags to the end of MP3 files; have a look
> at http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~pfk/mpp/sv8/apetag.html .
>
> That said, I wouldn't use APE tags for anything other than MP3,
> which...well, isn't a large component of my collection.

Which TagLib also supports as of 1.3.  MPC also defaults to APE tags (along
with ID3v1).

For those that are interested, the relevant TagLib API docs are:

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib/api/classTagLib_1_1FLAC_1_1File.html
http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib/api/classTagLib_1_1MPEG_1_1File.html
http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib/api/classTagLib_1_1MPC_1_1File.html

Cheers,