[Vorbis-dev] Re: win32 sdk

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Oct 12 17:22:38 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 19:51, illiminable wrote:
> > There's also the win32 sdk module if there are shared project files, or
> > whatever.
>
> Should i check it in in the same module... since all my files are VS2003
> files... the old ones are VC6 files... and i've no way to check if the old
> files are correct or not.

You argued previously that VC6 was fairly old, probably no longer supported,
and that it could be expected that any current windows developer would have a
more recent version. I thought this argument was fairly compelling - I'd
suggest just overwriting the VC6 project files (or if the filenames are
different, deleting the old old ones).

> Or should i just make a different module ?

If you think there's a really good reason to, then you could - but I'd guess
it's not worth the trouble.

> Is there a way to make directories in one directory of the repository link
> to others... ie put directories into the sdk, which point (use svn
> externals if that's how they work) to the other libraries, so a checkout of
> the SDK module will also checkout the codecs/libogg in one hit ?
> Zen.

Yeah, svn:externals is the way to do this, it's certainly possible (though my
experience so far with svn:externals is that it's somewhat fragile...)

I'm not sure exactly what commands you need to use to set this up. Someone
else might know - who set up the externals stuff in icecast?

Mike