[vorbis-dev] Compiling for another architecture

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun May 30 18:00:36 PDT 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 05:02, Frederic Bastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded Tremor and trie to compile it for the LEON chip. It is a
> sparc v8 processor. I have set the CC and CPP variable to the proper
> program. When I do make, I got this error
>
> In file included from mdct.c:37:
> misc.h:44: redefinition of `union magic'
> make: *** [mdct.lo] Error 1
>
> I have make all verification to solve this that I have think of. Right now
> I don't know what to do and where to look at. Can you help me on this?

Nobody has ever reported this problem, so without access to your development
environment we can only guess.

It's possible that there's some namespace pollution from some other header
files, and that 'magic' is being defined elsewhere. Perhaps you could rename
it? It's only used within this single file.

Mike