[vorbis-dev] Vorbis over RTP - first attempt

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Sat May 29 18:27:34 PDT 2004

Ralph Giles wrote:

> <>
>
>Can you elaborate of this? Surely the packet sequence number informs you
>when there's a hole in the data? In that case you need to skip the
>overlap with the previous packet anyway.

Yeah, that's probably right. I have to implement some more intelligent
packet loss handling in the Vorbis decoder anyway. I was just trying to
feed the packets to the decoder, letting missed packets out and the
decoder crashed when the flag didn't match the actual "previous page".
As a workaround, I adapted the decoder to cope with this error, trying
to fade the packets into eachother as good as possible.

>What about putting the whole CMML document in a single packet?

Well, the point of using CMML instead of Vorbis comments was its ability
to send new midstream info and repeating the XML header and footer for
each block, sending the same chracters over and over is not really
necessary. Separate XML elements without a header are still valid XML,
so standard parsers should cope with them too.

>Way cool on the implementation effort!

Did someone get the software to work?