[vorbis-dev] RFC draft for Vorbis over RTP

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Wed May 26 08:12:05 PDT 2004

Onsdag, 26 mai 2004, skrev du:

>Thus my statement that you could use existing scalability mechnisms.
. If
>you don't have access to something like that and there will be thousands
>of clients you're free not to provide http access to the headers. The
>disadvantage is that clients will get no audio unless they have the
>headers cached until you retransmit them.

At least this is just an issue for multicast servers. If you don't
have the resources to deliver thousands of codebooks at the same
time, you for sure don't have the resources to handle the accumulating
number of unicast RTP streams.

Would it make sense to also define a multicast way of broadcasting
the codebooks instead of HTTP?

Tor