[vorbis-dev] RFC draft for Vorbis over RTP

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue May 25 01:40:25 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 10:05:32AM +0200, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
> Conrad Parker wrote:
>
> I've been trying to "follow" this document through the IETF acceptance
> process, but at some point I lost track and was not able to find any
> definite comments about the document anymore. I would really like to
> help out on this, but when there's no easy way to find information on
> what has to be done, that becomes rather difficult. I'm already working
> on some software where I could need support for this and I did want to
> wait with the final release until the RFC was through to prevent
> incompatibilities. Now however, IETF seem to have dodged the entire
> thing. If I try to request the last version from IETF's web page, I'm
> told that the document has been removed as it was not modified within
> the last 6 months:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-04.txt

the full text of that draft, and some copies of discussions on
vorbis-dev and the avt list, are in the vorbis docs. It is standard
practice that expired drafts are removed from www.ietf.org, that's
the whole point of expiry.

However if we produce an updated version of the draft, it's a simple
matter of submitting it to the rfc editor and it will be put back.

> >The IETF is a collaborative system, very much like open source. Don't
> >expect stuff to be done for you, just pitch in and help out.
>
> I know and I already gave Phil a few suggestions on things to change
> after he released the first version of the draft. Not much really, but
> obviously enough for him to include me in the acknowledgement section. I
> appreaciate that and would really like to solve the finals problems to
> get it through.

excellent. Then you'd be the perfect person to take over the role of
editing changes to that document :)

Conrad.