[vorbis-dev] RFC draft for Vorbis over RTP

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Tue May 25 01:05:32 PDT 2004

Conrad Parker wrote:

>It was mentioned at the last IETF avt wg meeting as still requiring some
>issues to be resolved before it can proceed. IIRC Phil is not able to
>continue working on it, so it needs someone like you to work over it :)

I've been trying to "follow" this document through the IETF acceptance
process, but at some point I lost track and was not able to find any
definite comments about the document anymore. I would really like to
help out on this, but when there's no easy way to find information on
what has to be done, that becomes rather difficult. I'm already working
on some software where I could need support for this and I did want to
wait with the final release until the RFC was through to prevent
incompatibilities. Now however, IETF seem to have dodged the entire
thing. If I try to request the last version from IETF's web page, I'm
told that the document has been removed as it was not modified within
the last 6 months:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-04.txt

>The IETF is a collaborative system, very much like open source. Don't
>expect stuff to be done for you, just pitch in and help out.

I know and I already gave Phil a few suggestions on things to change
after he released the first version of the draft. Not much really, but
obviously enough for him to include me in the acknowledgement section. I
appreaciate that and would really like to solve the finals problems to
get it through.

Tor