[vorbis-dev] Reading OGG embedded in a pack file

Ken Rogoway Ken at Rogoway.com
Thu May 6 17:47:59 PDT 2004

> Regardless, what Conrad and I both suggested does give you exactly
> what you want (using callbacks), portably, predictable, maintainably
> and reliably, in under a page of C.  Striking on that exact solution
> without any additional pain does require someone very familiar with
> libvorbisfile, which Conrad and I are (I wrote it and Conrad has
> written a workalike).  This usage of the interface has been envisioned
> (and intentional) from the beginning.
>
> You have a simple desired technical application, and at this point,
> you have a simple, correct and complete technical solution.  Hopefully
> that more or less puts things right.

Yes. I have a good solution as proposed by a few people on the newsgroup.
I do appreciate everyones input and apologize if I sounded gruff in my
response to Mike or Lourens.

I wasn't trying to get any changes to the libogg stuff, just needed to know
how to do what I wanted.  Good to know there is an example in the docs,
I had looked there and didn't see what I was looking for, but at the time I
didn't know the correct solution so I probably just missed it.

I think we can put this thread to bed now :)  Thanks again to everyone for
their help.