AW: [vorbis-dev] Reading OGG embedded in a pack file

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Thu May 6 11:18:37 PDT 2004

On Thu 6 May 2004 16:25, Ken Rogoway wrote:
> Somehow I am getting the impression that you do not think I know
> how callbacks work.  I have been programming professionally for

Sorry, maybe I should have changed the subject. I was replying to
Andre, and my last comment was addressed to him, not to you.

What I was trying to say is that it is better to educate someone on
how the API works, than to not use the technically best solution
because someone may not understand. In the first case you keep the
flexible API _and_ give the previously confused programmer a new
skill, in the second case you lose flexibility, and the previously
confused programmer will remain confused and run into the same
problem again whenever he encounters a similar construct again in
the future.

So, if you're a confused programmer (like Andre, and unlike Ken),
perhaps a good thing would be to try and figure it out, and take
some notes for others struggling with the same problem while you're
at it. And of course, asking questions is a great way to learn, and
that's what this forum is for.

It just seems to be the best solution to me, for all parties
involved, and that's why I posted it. Of course I may well be
wrong, and if so, I'd love to learn why.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key