[vorbis-dev] embedding a lot of vorbis comments

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Tue May 11 15:15:30 PDT 2004

On 12/05/2004, at 3:03 AM, Christoph Rupp wrote:

> i know that it's a hack, and that players won't work unless i write my
> own player. I would prefer to add a second, logical stream for my meta
> information instead of abusing vorbis comments. but i'm not a guru
> programmer and i have to admit that i have big troubles to understand
> how to generate packets and write them to ogg pages... at least i
> figured out how to change vorbis comments (thanks to the vorbiscomment
> sources, but otherwise i would have been lost).

Your idea of adding a second, logical stream for your meta-information
is exactly what Annodex and CMML do; see
<http://www.annodex.net/specifications.html> for more detail on their
specs, or <http://www.annodex.net/software/index.html> for software.
You could embed your volume/panning/etc commands in CMML using the META
tags: drop me a private email if you'd like more information.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save