[vorbis-dev] Re: OGG VORBIS encoder in a texas DSP

Silvia Pfeiffer Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au
Wed Mar 31 16:34:40 PST 2004

Windows does provide for pipes with the fopen command.

There is a catch however when you are using dll libraries: the memory
space of the main program and the libraries are separate and therefore a
pointer to stdin in the main prg is not the same as in the dll. Yet,
there is a way to identify in the dll whether a file pointer actually
points to stdin or a different file: use the function _fileno() before
calling fread() to find out whether it is stdin (_fileno()=0) or not
that you are pointing to.

Cheers,
Silvia.