[vorbis-dev] How many MIPS for Vorbis Decoder?

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Mon Mar 22 08:22:09 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, guillaume roget wrote:

> I have an other question: In OGG VORBIS Win 32, I want that "stdin"
> corresponds to my sound card input (Micro)  and that the "stdout"corresponds
> to my sound card output(loudspeakers) because I want to do measures of  OGG
> vOrBIs performances with a MLSSA card(audio analysis card). How can I do
> that?

hmmm... Is there a win32 port of sox?  You could get sox to grab your
soundcard input, pipe it to oggenc or encoder_example, then run it through
some decoder (sox itself if it has the ogg support compiled in), then out
via sox to the soundcard again.  Note that there will be some latency in
this process and your machine will have to have enough grunt to encode and
also decode in realtime.

Geoff.