[vorbis-dev] Silent Vorbis Packet

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.de
Wed Mar 24 16:26:49 PST 2004

Hi Daniel,

nice to hear that you are using the J-Ogg libraries for your disseration -
I am the author behind those libraries.

I am currently a little bit on hold for the upcoming RFC, waiting to
implement support for Vorbis over RTP and your idea about broadcasting
multiple layers to provide different bandwiths sounds quite clever to
me, at least in theory. I know of the bitrate peeling possibilities of
Vorbis, but I'm not so convinced about which result is actually possible
to achieve until someone has prooven it with a real implementation.

So, I was wondering if you would care to share some of your experience
with me, practical results or whatever and if you'd mind me including
this technology in a future version of J-Ogg?