[vorbis-dev] How many MIPS for Vorbis Decoder?

Jens Prüfer jens.pruefer at gmx.de
Fri Mar 19 09:30:50 PST 2004

Hello,

> What's this intended for anyway - low power, small form factor, or low
> cost?

Ultra-Low-Cost! Definately. Low power would also be nice. I was thinking of
one of the TI MSP430's maybe? But when I read "200 MHz Strong ARM" my heart
skips. But more MHz does not necessarily mean more Speed. The MSP430F169 has
a MAC unit as well, making those nasty multiplications cheap (1 cycle only).
But it only does 8 MIPS :(

Cheers

Jens