[vorbis-dev] Some Questions

Kim Kyung-wook bitsend at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:05:47 PST 2004

Dear, all

I haven't gone through all specifications of this project in detail. but it
seems to me you are using Wavelet Transform as the basis of transform. If
my impression was right, I got some questions about your project.

1) Wavelet Transform makes it very easy to code the scalability
features...so I am wondering when you are developing this project, did
Scalability come first ?..or just you want to improve the coding gain
comparing with the conventional DCT basis Transform ??...

2) If the improvement of coding gain was the main objective of this
project...Have you ever compared your project with H.264, which was
technically approved by ITU...If you have, how did it come out ?

I'd really appreciate your reply.
Thanks.