[Vorbis-dev] Re: [Tremor] Re: [Vorbis] Struct Fields Description

Michael Smith msmith
Wed Jun 30 21:07:09 PDT 2004

<40E24E46.6000807 at st.com>

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 15:23, Previr RANGROO wrote:
> I am working with the tremor fixed point library as ST200 is a fixed
> point processor.
>
> In light of the above, I need a clear and a definitive guide to all the
> fields in these two structures (vorbis_block & vorbis_dsp_state) as well as
> the structures in ogg.h, namely ogg_sync_state, ogg_stream_state,
> ogg_packet and ogg_page and of course for OggVorbis_File (the Tremor API
> documentation just explains a few "relevant" fields in this).
>
> I'd be grateful if you could point me to any help on these coz the
> comments (few and far between as they are) don't help much.

As I said in my previous mail, there's not currently any documentation for
this beyond the code.

The ogg structures are much simpler: for the most part these are a direct
reflection of the ogg bitstream features, so reading the ogg specification
should make most of them clear and easy to understand.

For the others, looking at the code should help, or you can ask us about
specific fields that aren't obvious. You should also remember that the
mainline Tremor code (as opposed to the lowmem branch, which differs more)
quite closely modelled on libvorbis, so some of the fields are probably
unused (they're there for encoding, and Tremor obviously doesn't support
encoding).

Mike