[Vorbis-dev] Re: [Vorbis] Struct Fields Description

Previr RANGROO previr.rangroo
Tue Jun 29 22:23:18 PDT 2004

Hello Mike

Thanks for your mail. I am working on porting Ogg Vorbis Decoder onto
the ST200 VLIW processor which is part of a larger SoC
with a master microprocessor ST40. My current design dilemma  is that I
want to split the Ogg Vorbis codec implementation over
the two processors such that ST40 master can perform the Ogg
decapsulation and pass on the Vorbis packets to the ST200 multimedia
processor.

I have to make design level decisions on what exactly will be shared
between the two processors and how the buffers will be exchanged (vorbis
packet buffer from ST40 to ST200 and the decoded pcm buffer from ST200
to ST40).

I am working with the tremor fixed point library as ST200 is a fixed
point processor.

In light of the above, I need a clear and a definitive guide to all the
fields in these two structures (vorbis_block & vorbis_dsp_state) as well as
the structures in ogg.h, namely ogg_sync_state, ogg_stream_state,
ogg_packet and ogg_page and of course for OggVorbis_File (the Tremor API
documentation just explains a few "relevant" fields in this).

I'd be grateful if you could point me to any help on these coz the
comments (few and far between as they are) don't help much.

Thanks again.

regards
~previr

Michael Smith wrote:

>On Tuesday 29 June 2004 22:38, Previr RANGROO wrote:
>

>>Hello all
>>
>>Can anyone point me to some form of description for the fields in the
>>following structures :
>>
>>1/ vorbis_dsp_state
>>2/ vorbis_block
>>

>There isn't any documentation for these beyond the comments in the code. From
>an application point of view, they must be considered as opaque structures.
>
>It's also difficult to usefully answer this since you've sent this mail to
>both the vorbis list (vorbis-dev would be more appropriate next time) and the
>tremor list - libvorbis and tremor use different vorbis_dsp_state and
>vorbis_block structures, so it's not clear which bits exactly you're asking
>about.
>
>We'd be happy to help you if you ask a question that's a bit more specific,
>and that actually lets us know which things you're interested in, and/or why
>you're interested in them.
>
>Mike

Previr Rangroo                     STMicroelectronics

Associate Systems Lab Engineer     Plot No. 2 & 3,

Audio Competence Center            Sector 16A,

CMG Systems Lab                    Institutional Area,

tel    +91 120 2512021 Xtn 6130    NOIDA 201 301

mob    +91 9818044896              Uttar Pradesh

fax    +91 120 2515260             India

mailto:previr.rangroo at st.com       http://www.st.com/