[Vorbis-dev] patches for xiph build setup

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas
Mon Jun 14 20:56:20 PDT 2004

<20040610184034.GF783 at zewt.org>

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 20:40, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:39:10PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/patches/vorbis/
>
> I looked quickly to see if an issue I fixed happened to be included
> (it's not; patch below), and I'm a little confused: all of the
> "AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign" commands were removed, and there's no
> ChangeLog entry explaining it.  That causes errors like "required file
> `./NEWS' not found".

They're only removed in all subdirectories, not in the root.  Did you
test the patch ? If you did, can you give me your autotools versions so
I can reproduce ? Though I'm fairly confident that this doesn't happen.

There's no ChangeLog entry simply because there are no ChangeLog's
anywhere in Xiph modules :)  No, I don't know why.  Yes, I'd like them
to be there.  Anyway, all the changes I made are detailed in the README
for each of the patches.

> The attached patch fixes a problem I hit: CFLAGS and LDFLAGS specified
> by the user ("CFLAGS=-opt ./configure") are being doubled up, which
> caused my build to fail.

Yeah, your patch should be applied too.  I didn't go over that part of
configure, and I'm sure there is even more that should be fixed.  Which
I'd be willing to help out on if I get some feedback on the current set
of patches.

Thomas

Gotta keep moving on
lover you hide from me every time