[Vorbis-dev] Tutorial/Docs for using libvorbis directly

Conrad Parker conrad
Thu Jul 1 19:41:24 PDT 2004

<200407020951.29645.msmith at xiph.org>
<004801c45fc9$40fc5380$96e11704 at stever>
<200407021145.25651.msmith at xiph.org>
<006d01c45fdb$67a946c0$96e11704 at stever>

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:22:20PM -0400, Steve Russell wrote:
> Thank you for that explanation, which I will not actually be able to
> completely comprehend until I start looking into the vorbis code.  What are
> "the vast majority of developers" doing with libvorbisfile?  Creating
> interactive players for music?  That's not what I'm after, so one audio
> expert advised me that I could either play files with DirectShow using only
> the few lines of code, installing the Ogg DirectShow filters as part of my
> install; or I could create a library that plays a given ogg file using the
> ogg API.  Any comment or suggestion of examples in this regard?

what are you trying to do?

my offer is that you can use libfishsound, which handles both vorbis and
speex:

http://www.annodex.net/software/libfishsound/

docs and examples included there, eg. a full decoder:

http://www.annodex.net/software/libfishsound/html/group__decode.html

Conrad.