[Vorbis-dev] patches for xiph build setup

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas
Tue Jul 20 01:33:33 PDT 2004

<20040610184034.GF783 at zewt.org> <1087271779.19021.5.camel at otto.amantes>
<20040719172601.GC20483 at xiph.org>

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 19:26, Monty wrote:
> Hi Thomas...
>
> > I'd be willing to help out on if I get some feedback on the current set
> > of patches.
>
> Has anyone offered that feedback, or has the build system ended up
> without a dedicated maintainer (It used to be Jack, Ralph took over
> some of it a while ago.  If no one claims responsibility for this,
> I'll tackle it as I'm in 'cleanup' mode.)

The feedback was "go ahead and apply".  As before, I'm still offering to
be a build maintainer and help you guys out.  I've commited my patches
to theora first to test the water, then to ogg to make sure they are
non-invasive (I haven't gotten feedback so I assume everything's fine),
and with your permission will proceed to vorbis and vorbis-tools.

FWIW, I'm not the imposing kind of maintainer - I prefer sticking to
what you guys want and making you guys happy with the build :) The only
thing I would really really like is to have the -uninstalled.pc patches
to be allowed (since they don't get in the way) because then I can push
development xiph on more people in an easy way that they're used to,
without having them have to break their trusted installed setup.

One of the pieces I am considering pushing cvs xiph into is GNOME's
jhbuild, for example.

Thomas

Whenever we meet you say you've changed
Like it's some gift you're not the same