[Vorbis-dev] Crash when reading OGG/Vorbis file

Stevo Brock stevo at skywardstudios.com
Sun Dec 19 16:49:34 PST 2004

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Since posting the message, I did upgrade to OGG 1.1.2 and Vorbis 1.1.0
and thankfully now there is no crash.  Now at the point in reading the
file where the crash used to happen, file reading just stops.

I also, rather painfully, compiled ogginfo (I'm on MacOS X), and ran
the file through it.  ogginfo prints out lots of errors for this file
so I think it's pretty safe to say the file is quite corrupted.

I haven't looked, but is there any kind of validation function that an
app can use to test a file before trying to process it.  Kind of like
an ogginfo with a return status?

-Stevo Brock
  Skyward Studios
  www.monkey-tools.com