[Vorbis-dev] Segfault in vorbis_book_decodevv_add

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Dec 1 00:54:33 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:49:06AM +1100, Michael Smith wrote:
> This doesn't look familiar at all. Can you try it with a version of libvorbis
> compiled with full debug symbols, so we can look at line numbers, etc? Also,
> upgrading to libvorbis 1.1 would probably be worthwhile.
>
> Of course, it could be something else entirely - like an xmms bug just
> happening to stomp on some memory owned by libvorbis - but we don't want to
> assume that.

Yes, what is the actual player in use?  XMMS (1.2.7 and 1.2.10)
crashes on me constantly regardless of the stream type played back...
It seems that its streaming buffer will stomp all over memory if it
overflows.  You may well simply be seeing higher level corruption that
finally crashes inside libvorbis.

Monty