[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools build install problem

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas
Fri Aug 6 02:28:38 PDT 2004

<20040806015150.GB18074 at ghostscript.com>
<80cc888e04080519036c15013e at mail.gmail.com>
<20040806031629.GC18074 at ghostscript.com>

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 05:16, Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:03:24AM +0900, Kyungjoon Lee wrote:
>
> > Yes, I see this with revision 7486.
> >
> > I see a lot of references to /usr/share/aclocal/ instead of
> > /home/kjoonlee/share/aclocal/ when I run ./autogen.sh. It works for
> > libvorbis, though, so I wonder what's the matter with vorbis-tools.

What method do you use to tell autogen that it should look in that
aclocal dir ?

> Could be related. Can you file a bug at bugs.xiph.org? Thomas has been
> working on that, but doesn't always follow the list.

I have commented on the bug.   It can be fixed, but since it would
affect other modules as well I'd like to solve it in a generic way by
creating an svn subtree to share common build functionality.  I can
start by testing it out in vorbis-tools only at first if people feel
uncomfortable about the idea.  (The bug nr. is 555)

By the way, it's not something that still needs developing; similar
techniques were done in GStreamer first and now GNOME uses a similar
setup.  So don't worry about stability or kittens being eaten...

Just give me the go :)

Thomas

If I'd rain for you
It would just be water