[Vorbis-dev] various patches from Mandrakelinux package

David Walser luigiwalser
Tue Aug 3 02:34:26 PDT 2004

--- Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:24:10PM +0200, Lourens
> Veen wrote:
>
> > This appears to be the case since June 5th, 2004.
> Did something go
> > wrong with the upgrade to Mailman 2.1.4?
>
> No, we changed the policy deliberately. Sorry to
> those who appreciated
> our lists as a small island of reply-to mangling.

Not setting the Reply-to is what'll turn a list into a
small island.  People will reply just to senders and
the list as a whole won't get the benefit, it'll cause
you to miss stuff.  For those that want the mailing
list to work the way it should, it's just more work to
use.  The change in "policy" makes absolutely no
sense, and I've seen it ruin other mailing lists before.