[Vorbis-dev] various patches from Mandrakelinux package

Michael Smith msmith
Mon Aug 2 20:37:47 PDT 2004

<200408021700.51505.fhimpe at telenet.be>
<200408021758.45888.fhimpe at telenet.be>

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 01:58, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2004 17:00, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> > On Monday 02 August 2004 16:10, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> > > libvorbis-1.1-aliasing.patch
> >
> > ignore this one for now, it's completely b0rken, I will send a new one
> > later. _______________________________________________
>
> Here is the fixed one, which does compile.

Uses the ieee754.h header unconditionally. Is this header present everywhere?
Needs (at least) testing on linux (I assume you've done this :-) and windows
(which you probably haven't).

I'd guess it'd be easier to import the definitions from that header directly
into the file, if it isn't a header you can rely on existing everywhere.

Why is the patch needed? From the filename, I'm guessing it's something to do
with aliasing rules. Was this actually causing problems in practice? Does
this version still compile to efficient code (the whole reason for those
functions was to be very fast) with (at least) gcc and msvc?

Mike