[vorbis-dev] Flushing audio

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Sep 12 06:44:20 PDT 2003

Hi:

A few comments.  Note that I'm not a programmer and know little if anything
about vorbis internals.

Firstly, you mentioned only sending audio above a certain noise level.
Wouldn't you want to pad the rest with silence, to preserve the timing?
Otherwise it'd all run together.

And, if you're using 8khz, my guess is you're not encoding music.  so,
given that you're doing speech, why not use speex?  Much lower latency too.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html