[vorbis-dev] A new introduction attempt.

Stan Seibert volsung at xiph.org
Wed Sep 10 09:17:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 10:46, Richard Felton wrote:
> I completely agree - the text I wrote didn't flow at all. It was number one
> target for a rewrite - thanks for the help with that. I can also include
> extra information on the magazine audio test.

With regards to the c't magazine audio test, this is a simple
statistical analysis I did of the results back when they came out:

http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~volsung/ct-test/ct-test.html

I think it helps to put the results in perspective (i.e. that given the
uncertainties, it was inconclusive for many things), though it is
certainly my own opinion and fairly rough given the little quantitative
data that was released.  Take it with a grain of salt, but it will at
least show you where the that-test-didn't-prove-anything crowd are
coming from.

Incidentally, I wrote to the c't author asking for access to more of the
raw data so that I could produce a better analysis.  After much delay,
he wrote back saying he was interested, but never sent the data.  :(

---
Stan Seibert