[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 4 09:49:13 PDT 2003

On Saturday, October 04, 2003 4:38 PM John Denton wrote:

> Psssssssssssssst - want to save 840k on the size of the Ogg Vorbis DLLs?
>
> More seriously Ralph, since you've assumed the 'get it out the door'
> mantle, could we sort out the vorbisenc thing?
>
> The def files are about right at last, with all six exported functions
> appearing in vorbisenc.def. I think you will find that you should now
delete
> vorbisenc.c from the libvorbis project. The vorbis.dll will then reduce by
> about 840k in size (from almost a megabyte to less than 200k).

Works fine here, although I've only tested against CDex which makes use of
the dlls.

> No point in having the vorbisenc code in vorbis - unless you want to add
the
> export defs from vorbisenc.def back into vorbis.def and scrap the
vorbisenc
> project altogether :-) It works, I've done it..

Actually, you can create one dll for the lot. ogg, vorbis, vorbisenc and
vorbisfile. I created that some time ago and it works fine with the dynamic
build of the standard oggdrop and, more importantly, DSPguru uses it for
BeSweet.

> In builds from compilers other than VC (which depended on prototypes
rather
> than the def file) I found I needed to add prototypes for
> _analysis_output_always and vorbis_window into codec.h - haven't checked
> that recently..

For some reason, they're prototyped in vorbisfile.c (where they're used),
but moving the prototypes to codec.h works just fine.

John