[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

John Denton dentons at clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 08:38:33 PDT 2003

Psssssssssssssst - want to save 840k on the size of the Ogg Vorbis DLLs?

More seriously Ralph, since you've assumed the 'get it out the door'
mantle, could we sort out the vorbisenc thing?

The def files are about right at last, with all six exported functions
appearing in vorbisenc.def. I think you will find that you should now delete
vorbisenc.c from the libvorbis project. The vorbis.dll will then reduce by
about 840k in size (from almost a megabyte to less than 200k).

No point in having the vorbisenc code in vorbis - unless you want to add the
export defs from vorbisenc.def back into vorbis.def and scrap the vorbisenc
project altogether :-) It works, I've done it..

In builds from compilers other than VC (which depended on prototypes rather
than the def file) I found I needed to add prototypes for
_analysis_output_always and vorbis_window into codec.h - haven't checked
that recently..