[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Oct 23 15:00:14 PDT 2003

> Quick comparison (VC6):
>                      Dynamic Link              Static link
> ogg.dll              24kb                            56kb
> vorbis.dll          148kb                          212kb
> vorbisenc.dll     860kb                          900kb
> vorbisfile.dll      36kb                            84kb

We must have had the project files more screwed up than they are now,
because the numbers were much more significant back then.  Or maybe I
have the pre-vorbisenc split numbers in my head.  I don't remember
anymore.

Shipping them statically certain would be an option with the numbers you
posted.  Now, would doing that allow the same dlls to work with any
compiler (even say, Borland's)?

jack.