[vorbis-dev] New entropy coder

Yann Guidon whygee at f-cpu.org
Fri Oct 10 13:26:00 PDT 2003

hi !

Eduardo Enrique González Rodríguez wrote:

>Hello, I am a computer engineering student and compression hobbyst
>and have recently developed a new entropy coding algorithm. It  can be
>used to achieve compression proper of arithmetic coders at very high
>speeds -almost like Huffman codecs-.
>
>        Since it could be of interest to you, I send it as an attachment -code
>and technical report-. Please, drop me a line in case you have any doubt or
>suggestion.
>
>        Regards, Eduardo Enrique González Rodríguez.

oh, i get it now :-)

you just proposed this to comp.compression a few days ago.
i haven't looked at it closely yet but it seemed like there
is some potential use. i'm still new to Vorbis, so i can't say,
but i'm in the same "wagon" as you, that is : playing with entropy coders.
i'm writing a few articles about that now. Consider doing
this in your local journal as well.

YG