[vorbis-dev] ogginfo: playlength display in milliseconds

John Morton jwm at eslnz.co.nz
Tue Nov 25 19:31:45 PST 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 13:08, Paul Martin wrote:
>  On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 12:40:49AM +0300, Jack Pavlovsky wrote:
>  > I know this is off-topic, but I'd just like to know if ogg123 is
>  > going to support REPLAYGAIN tags (I've seen that it prints the
>  > replaygain comments, but that's just about it), and if so, in what
>  > timeline?
>
>  And while you're at it, add a "--gain" option to ogg123. It could be in
>  dB or a percentage (like mpg321).

The vgplay backend code does this, and provides limiting options:

http://www.nongnu.org/vgplay/

>  I did suggest an ov_read_gain() function, with code, at least a year
>  ago.

It depends on how xiph want to treat libvorbisfile. Right now it contains
helper functions to make decoding and encoding more straight forward, but
this doesn't include the kinds of things that are in flac's plugin helper
library (which includes replaygain calcuations, I believe).

If they where to remain separate, it would be useful to have the integer pcm
packing code as a separate function, though.

John