[vorbis-dev] win32 SDK call for help

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Sun Nov 16 09:37:10 PST 2003

Ok, so I've taken hold of this, and since this appears to be the only thing
holding up 1.0.1, I have done what I think closes the loop...Based on the
conversations here on the list I have made the following changes to the vc6
project files :

- consistent runtime linking.  They are ALL now using the Multithreaded
static runtime.  Hopefully this makes the generated DLLs the most portable.
- Moved the vorbisenc functions back into vorbis.dll.  This causes
vorbis.dll to be larger than it really should be, but otherwise,
compatability with the 1.0 vorbis.dll is broken (I've validated that this
is the case by trying to replace 1.0.1 dlls with oddcast which is compiled
against the 1.0 dlls.

these changes have been committed, and I've built a new SDK with these
properties.  Please, we need help testing this SDK, from developers and end
users.

The new project files are now in CVS (with correct line endings :)) and the
new SDK is here ->
http://www.xiph.org/~oddsock/oggvorbis/oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1.zip

thanks for any help from the win32 world here.. :)

oddsock