[vorbis-dev] Header page splitting

Matthias Erll merll at gmx.de
Thu May 8 05:44:05 PDT 2003

Hi!

I created a Delphi class that allows reading of information about an
OggVorbis file and modification of the comment header. It works like
this:
When the file is read, the class saves information about how many pages
the comment header uses, and where in the last page the setup header
starts.
When the file is written, the ID header is copied. The comment and the
remainder of the setup header are written into a buffer. If the page,
that both of them would take up, is larger than 8 kbytes, it is split
up. If the number of pages used does not match the old file, the entire
file is rewritten with new sequence numbers and new CRCs; otherwise the
remaining file can just be copied.
All that works fine with my test files, but I want it to be reliable
working with all files with comment headers larger than 8 kbytes. Now,
my question is: Can I just split up the comment and the setup header,
whereever I want, or do I have to split them at a certain point?

 Thanks,
  Matthias