[vorbis-dev] Header page splitting

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Thu May 8 05:45:31 PDT 2003

Torsdag, 8 mai 2003, skrev du:

>All that works fine with my test files, but I want it to be reliable
>working with all files with comment headers larger than 8 kbytes. Now,
>my question is: Can I just split up the comment and the setup header,
>whereever I want, or do I have to split them at a certain point?

The only requirement is that the identification header ends on a
page boundary (meaning that the comment header must begin on a fresh
page) and that the setup header ends on a page boundary (meaning
that the first audio packet must begin on a fresh page). The headers
must also be written in this order: identification, comment, setup.

the comment header, and that you may have to split it over more than
two Ogg pages.

Tor