[vorbis-dev] file header

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Mar 2 20:50:59 PST 2003

captain birdseye <captainbrowneye at hotmail.com> said:

> I was wondering if there was a way to recompile ogg123 so that it didnt look
> for "Ogg" at the start of each file. Ie change it so it looked for "Dog" or
> something. Why you ask? because in theory Im not ment to have any music
> files on my work computer NFI why but just cant. If I could mask an ogg file
> to look like another file then I could beat the system. Assuming that they
> even know what Ogg Vorbis is.

The Ogg specification requires the "OggS" at the start of every page
(generally, roughly ever 4 kB throughout the file).

Whilst it would be possible to change this (and the other things you're
looking for), we're not going to help you do it - if you want to do stuff that
you're not allowed to do, you can go to the effort of figuring it all out
yourself. It's easy enough (various places in libvorbis and libogg).