[vorbis-dev] I've pulled the plug on viewcvs

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sat Mar 22 02:27:59 PST 2003

lör 2003-03-22 klockan 05.56 skrev Monty:

> While trying to get other work done on Motherfish-II, I couldn't help
> but notice that machine load was over *200*, due entirely to the
> viewCVS CGI.

Ugh. Probably robots running havoc. Do you have a robots.txt file in the
root forbidding access to the web CVS interface? Another thing that'd
help is the FastCGI module I believe (that's apache I presume).
Sourceforge successfully runs it for a quadrillion projects without
dying so there must be a way of getting this to work properly.

But it's a low priority as you say.

Actually I find WebCVS useful from time to time, although not vital, as
you say. The most obvious use is for linking in "README" and "ChangeLog"
files (or similar) to web pages so they always display the current state
of the project. It isn't used in the Xiph.org anyway...

Linus