[vorbis-dev] lossless ogg encoding with good compression rate

Jeremy Nickurak atrus at rifetech.com
Thu Jun 26 22:36:19 PDT 2003

Disclaimer: I know virtually nothing about audio compression, but this
has me really interested.

The idea here (as i understand it) is to split the data in an audio file
into different parts (the vorbis-encoded bit and the diff) that compress
well. Given that the data in the diff has an organizational form of some
kind (essentially the inverse of vorbis' encoding artifacts), is there a
less generally tuned algorithm then bz2 that would function better here?
I assume the idea that flac could function well on this form of audio
data? Hand off parts of the file to vorbis and parts to flac?

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus at rifetech.com =-
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he