[vorbis-dev] A "powered by OGG Vorbis" icon?

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Fri Jun 27 06:10:43 PDT 2003

Jack Moffitt wrote:
>>As a developer for a company that uses OGG's Vorbis & Speex codecs, it would
>>be nice if there were small, cute, professional-looking "powered by" icons
>>we could use on our website for these codecs. Do these exist?
>
> Not yet, but they are on the list.  See our last monthly meeting minutes
> for a pointer to the current graphics work.

"Neither the name of the Xiph.org Foundation nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission."

"Ogg, Vorbis, Xiph.org Foundation and their logos are trademarks(tm)
of the Xiph.org Foundation".

Can't use The One Fish logo, nor any of the Names, without written
permission, at least not in advertisements for a software product.