[vorbis-dev] [Fwd: Re: Regarding non-streaming Ogg]

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Thu Jan 9 15:47:18 PST 2003

ons 2003-01-08 klockan 23.34 skrev Dan Miller:

> > An RFC for eg Vorbis is the next logical step after the current drafts
> > are passed.
>
> I'm confused -- isn't audio/vorbis in the present RFC?
> Or is that application/Ogg?

I was referring to a draft on the vorbis format itself, not any media
type. What we're doing now is standardizing how vorbis is to be
*transported* over RTP and Ogg streams.

The next natural step is then to specify Vorbis as an Internet Standard
for lossy digital audio, ie set up an RFC for Vorbis audio. In case
someone has the time and effort required to do that.

But that is all after we pass current drafts.

Linus