[vorbis-dev] [Fwd: Re: Regarding non-streaming Ogg]

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Jan 8 15:19:22 PST 2003

> I'm confused -- isn't audio/vorbis in the present RFC?  Or is that application/Ogg?

audio/vorbis is tied to RTP transmission.  Since there is no multi-codec
RTP stream, this is fine.  There will be a video/theora for RTP theora.
There's no need for video/theora-vorbis, since the RTP protocol
duplicates much of the reason for Ogg.

TCP streaming I assume will be handled forever the old-school
application/ogg way, just as traditional downloads and HTTP are done
now.

kinds of ogg files in a directory, since obvously they will all have the
.ogg extension.

As far as I know, audio/vorbis is defined for streaming RTP only.  It
will probably be part of the RTP payload I-D, not a separate document.

jack.