[vorbis-dev] FLAC support in ogg123

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Sat Jan 11 16:48:48 PST 2003

Stan Seibert wrote:

>Installment #3 on my coding binge:
>
>The latest CVS version of ogg123 (in vorbis-tools) now plays FLAC and
>Ogg FLAC files.  The FLAC support is optional, so if you don't have FLAC
>1.0.4 and the header files, ogg123 will still build without it.
>
>Please give it a whirl and let me know how it works for you.

It plays my regular FLAC files quite nicely. Seeking doesn't work, but I
really didn't expect it to yet. I haven't tried any Ogg flac's.

I called it ogg123, once upon a time, many years ago. Thanks to Stan, we
now have ogg 1 and ogg 2. I suppose speex is next?

Just a thought: is this easy to add to oggdec, or is that pushing the
issue, since there's already a plain command-line flac decoder?

The automake/autoconf seems to work fine, but I don't see an option for
telling ./configure where to look for the FLAC libraries. Also, does it
check separately for libflac and liboggflac?

Ken