[vorbis-dev] vorbis on playstation 2

David Etherton etherton at rockstarsandiego.com
Thu Feb 6 09:37:37 PST 2003

I ran a Tremor release build (a modified ivorbisfile_example.c which spits
out a .wav file, which does sound correct and is binary-exact with a Win32
PC build) through a profiler and got the following amortized percentages:

44% mdct_backward
10% _vorbis_apply_window
9% vorbis_book_decodevv_add
7% kernel (file I/O typically)
7% render_line
5% vorbis_synthesis_blockin
5% ov_read
2% floor1_inverse
2% oggpack_look
1% res2_inverse

Total cycles spent in ov_read was about 953,446,828 cycles.  My test sample
was 41_30secOgg-q0.ogg from the vorbis website.

I'm still trying to get a "standard" vorbis build together (cleaning up as
much double-precision stuff as I can find) and I'll post my results.

-Dave